Edwin Jarvis was the butler in the employ of millionaire inventor and industrialist Anthony Stark and worked in Stark's mansion in midtown Manhattan. Apparently, Jarvis originally served Stark's parents, Howard and Maria Stark, and continued to work for Anthony after their deaths. Before coming to the United States, Edwin Jarvis once served heroically in the United Kingdom's Royal Air Force as a pilot.
Jarvis was present at the mansion when the new team of superhuman adventurers, The Avengers, held their first meeting there. Tony Stark, who, in his identity of Iron Man was a founding member of the team, donated the mansion to the Avengers for their use as a headquarters and set up the Maria Stark Foundation to cover the team's operational expenses. Jarvis stayed on at the mansion, to act as the Avengers' principal domestic servant.
- Prologue: Trouble at the Raft and Claim Your Reward
- Jarvis is a background NPC conversing with Wonder Man during the Prologue instance version of Avengers Tower.
- Although a background NPC, Jarvis can be interacted with and he has quite few spoken lines as well as lines appearing in text boxes.
- "And what might you be interested in today?"
- "Are we ready for a new look then?"
- "Have no fear, Ms. Van Dyne supplies all of our patterns."
- "How may I be of service?"
- "I assure you, it's no trouble at all."
- "I stand ready to assist your selection."
- "Let's take some measurements, shall we?"
- "Perhaps something in a nice crimson?"
- "Will this be 'masked', or 'unmasked'?"
- "Yes I'm sure we have 'something' in your size."
- Text Boxes:
Voice actor info
- In the video game, Edwin Jarvis is voiced by Enn Reitel.