Hardly ever serious, Morph attempts to liven up otherwise tense situations with mindless banter, a defence mechanism he created to cope with the loss of his mother from lung cancer at a young age (leaving him with a hatred of cigarettes), and the hardships he faced while living with his father. He learned early on that his natural, bleached white and noseless appearance was not welcomed among his peers. Rather than be persecuted, he learned to stay in a human form for long periods of time. Once he became an X-Man, he decided that he no longer needed to do this. He has revealed little about his past, except for his involvement with his Earth's Avengers, X-Men, and New Mutants.
Morph is a hero from a parallel world who was a member of not only the X-Men, but also the Avengers. Unique son of loving parents, in his universe Morph, a shapeshifter, managed early on to use his powers, and so giving everyone what they wanted from him. A fairly good baseball player, a friend, a good student. Morph always used his power to keep everyone at ease with him, being at ease with someone as himself only with his parents. When his mother passed on, Morph tried in every way to cheer up his emotional distraught father, who, unable to let his suffering go, chose to enroll his son in a boarding school, that luckily happened to be the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning. Able to cheer up his fellow friends, the X-Men, he became their field leader, and soon became the most loved Avenger of his universe. Then the mysterious Timebroker appeared to him, explaining to him that he had become unhinged from time as a chain of events had caused his realities as he knew it to change. In that new reality a wounded Morph has become unable to maintain his form, and slipped into a coma, being only a white muddy substance in Beast's lab. Hoping to save his own future, he became a member and the comic relief of the Exiles, a group of universe-hopping heroes trying to save realities from ripples and alteration.
- Chapter 4: Trouble at Xavier's
- Completing Chapter 4: The Kingpin Falls for the first time on your account allows your characters access to the Xavier School social hub. You'll receive the mission Trouble at Xavier's from S.H.I.E.L.D. Deputy Director Maria Hill which instructs you to speak with Havok (who has now appeared at the Avengers Tower) and let him take you to the Xavier's School. Morph is the gear vendor in this social hub and is located at the basement level.
- Chapter 5-8: Waypoints
- The Xavier's School (and thereby Morph) is accessible through chapters 5-8 waypoints.
- "Argh, that costume makes me wanna hork."
- "Can't you see I'm busy posing here?."
- "Clean-up on aisle you~oo."
- "Howdy ho~oo."
- "I agree, you *definitely* need a new look!"
- "I know you can't look *this* good, but let's see what we can do."
- "Let's find something that'll look *fabulous* on you."
- "Yeah yeah, what do you want?"
- [To Captain America and Ms. Marvel] "Ugh, what century is *that* look from?."
- [To Cyclops] "I'm gonna call you... 'Blinking'."
- [To Jean Grey] "I hear red is the best color for destroying planets."
- [To Storm] "Finally somebody with style!"
- [To Storm] "Wakka wakka wakka!"
Voice actor info
- In the video game, Morph is voiced by Tom Kenny.